St. Vincent's Industrial Training Centre (SVITC) is the only Christian Brother Technical Institute in India. In 1949, through the efforts of Br. J. E. McCann, a building was constructed and equipped for technical instruction. It was initially meant to provide Anglo-Indian boys with technical skills to meet the growing demand for industrial workers in the area. Br C.J. Harrison, Br R.C. Whiting and Br. R.A. Parton came from Australia to take charge of SVITC and together they laid the foundation of a professional technical institution, equipping many a young man with a 3 Year Junior Engineering Diploma. SVITC presently runs 18 different skills enhancement programs, for over 250 school drop-outs, both male and female, ranging from 6 months to 2 years, in collaboration with the government and other recognized institutions.