The site of 390 bighas, adjacent to St. Patrick's, was initially purchased Br A Ryan, the Provincial of the Brothers, with the intention of relocating the Moorghihatta Orphanage. Br Joseph Moyes was selected to supervise the erection of the buildings. The foundation stone of St. Vincent's School was laid by Dr. Meulman S.J., Archbishop of Calcutta, on 25 October 1919, but the first batch of 27 students took up residence only in 1927. St. Vincent's was a boarding school, reputed for its sportsmen, till the early nineties. Currently it is a day school with strength of about 1850 students. The senior secondary welcomed girl students from the year 2009. Apart from the Industrial Training Centre, St. Vincent’s also runs an NIOS (Class X & XII) Centre for over 1500 students.