St. Columba's School began with 32 boys, in the heart of Delhi in April 1941. Named after a 6th Century Irish missionary monk, it soon became one of the most influential Christian Brother Schools in the country. It has many firsts to its credit, including that of being the first to introduce computer education in schools in India. With 3270 students, spread between the Junior, Middle and Senior Sections, St. Columba's today is one of the largest Christian Brother all-boys schools worldwide. It also has a very influential alumni body, with many prominent national figures among them. The Christian Brothers Provincialate (National Head Office) is also housed on the St. Columba's campus.