Our Lady of Dolours Primary School was started in June, 1940, by Mgr. George Fernandes for the benefit of the underprivileged boys of the Parish. Mgr. Vaz started the secondary school in 1962, with help from the parishioners and hence called this section, Our Lady of Salvation (OLS). Every year, a ‘whist drive’ was organized to collect funds for books and clothes for the boys. In September, 1967, Cardinal Gracious invited the Christian Brothers to take charge of the Parish School. This was to the first School of the Brothers on the west coast of India. On St Patrick's Day, 1968, Br Mac Philemy was its first CB Principal and was joined by Br D Curran and Br Mousley. Initially, the living space and classrooms were sparse, but over time the school was built on the only available plot, adjacent to the cemetery. OLS School came to be known for the wonderful annual operas it staged.